Parents & Supporters Code of Conduct
Parents and Spectators have a great influence on children’s enjoyment
and success in football. All children play football because they first
and foremost love the game – it is fun.
It is important to remember that however good a child becomes at football within the member club's team it is important to reinforce the message that positive encouragement will contribute to:
1. Children enjoying football.
2. A sense of personal achievement.
4. Assist to improve the child’s skills and techniques.
A parent or spectator’s expectations and attitudes have a significant bearing on a child’s attitude towards:
1. Other players.
Parents and spectators within the club must ensure they are always positive and encouraging towards all of the children not just their own.
The member club encourages parents and spectators to:
1. Applaud the opposition as well as your own team.
2. Avoid coaching the child during the game.
3. Not to shout and scream.
4. Respect the referee’s decision.
5. Give attention to each of the children involved in football not just the most talented.
6. Give encouragement to everyone to participate in football.
When a player signs for any Member Junior Football Club, parents and spectators within the club agree and adhere to the Club’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.